Yes, you can earn money online without even knowing that WordPress or any website builder exists. Depending on your skill level and interest, you can make a decent four-figure income every month.
If you can proofread articles. Follow 20-minute guides. Take photos. Speak two languages. Type fast on your keyboard. Shop for things, or play online games. Then you can earn money online without owning a website. From a few hundred dollars a month to over $20 an hour.
Let me show you five proven ways you can earn money online even if owning a website puts you off. Read on.
Got an eagle eye? Get paid to proofread articles, books, business documents and other papers. Proofreaders earn up to $17.50 per hour. An editor has reported annual earnings of over $43,000. You don’t need to own a website to start earning as a proofreader.
I’ve listed websites that pay you to proofread articles, academic papers, business documents and more. You’d work remotely. Some companies demand that you have prior experience working as an editor; others don’t.
You can proofread for pay here:
- American Journal Experts (AJE): Handles academic or academic-related proofreading and editing. You can only apply for a specific field. They want experts.
Some of the fields in their list include chemistry and material science, engineering, life sciences, earth sciences, business and more.
- Domainite: You won’t need to prove any prior editing experience, but you’d take a test to join them. They pay every week via PayPal.
- Edit 911: Serves corporate and academic clients. You’d have to be a Ph.D. to qualify to work with them.
- Enago: You must have five years prior experience to work with them. Enago jobs are in academic fields, and they prefer editors with Masters or Ph.D. research experience.
- Proofreading Services: Hires worldwide. They provide competitive pay and your work hours are flexible.
In short, whether you’re a PhD or just entering college you can start earning as a proofreader. It doesn’t even matter what country you come from. Just have a knack for spotting and fixing grammatical flaws and the cash is yours.
OK, you don’t know the difference between “there” and “their,” but you can do something else better than the grammar lords. You can earn money online doing tasks.
Short tasks are jobs you can complete in a short period. These assignments could be taking surveys, watching videos, online research and more. A majority of these positions won’t require you to be on your phone.
Jobs that require you to be on the phone would need a quiet environment. Kids are not always calm if you work from home as a mom. And your roommate won’t like you hushing her every few minutes to receive or make phone calls.
Some sites pay you to take surveys, watch videos, shop online, play games, redeem gift cards and coupons, complete some specific tasks, read emails, and more. Examples are InboxDollars, CashCrate, FusionCash, and Swagbucks.
Other sites offer all or some of the tasks above, and then some. You may earn income from content creation, editing, internet research, content moderation, data categorization, content creation, and data collection. Examples include CrowdFlower, Amazon Mechanical Turk, ClickWorker, and OneSpace.
Apps That Pay You Money
The Google Play houses more than 2.8 million apps and the Apple’s App Store 2.2 million. You’re probably thinking “There’s got to be money somewhere in this sea of applications.”
Yes, there’s cash in the apps cache!
Let’s dig ‘em out.
- Field Agent: Earn cash on your phone completing numerous short assignments. You can make between $3 to $12 per task. You’ll be doing jobs like product reviews, checking shelf availability, verifying display compliance, and the like. They pay via PayPal.
Brands like Hershey’s, Tyson, and Target partner with Field Agent. The app is available for Android and iOS.
- EasyShift: Earn money by completing shifts in your mobile phone. Check prices, verify if a product is in stock, take photographs of store displays, and check prices of items. Complete your shift and get paid via PayPal within 48 hours. Expect to earn between $2 to $20 per assignment you submit.
- Ibotta: Ibotta pays you money to shop. That’s it. So you can buy all the things you’d usually shop for and then get cash-back on them.
- GigWalk: Complete quick assignments on your mobile device and get paid. All you’d do is register, request a task, complete it, and get paid. Most times, your assignment would be to verify geographic landmarks, transportation options or street signs.
Transcribing and Language Translation
If you have fast fingers and sharp-hearing you can turn that into cash online. Become a transcriptionist. Transcription jobs have three categories; medical, legal and general.
Or do you speak and write in two languages almost too well? Become a translator.
So whether you understand one language exceptionally well or you understand two (or more) languages, you can earn. You can make up to $25 per hour as a transcriptionist.
Sell Used Items Online
If you’d instead get paid via PayPal, check, or other gift cards then use Nextworth or Gazelle. You can get paid via PayPal, check, or Target gift card if you trade your item in with Nextworth. Gazelle offers Amazon gift card as its third payment option.
eBay Valet pays you via PayPal. This service doesn’t pay instant money though, but you don’t have to do the selling. Just send your item to eBay, wait, and get paid.
If you have unused toners, Toner Connect pays you the best market value. Click here to sell your unused toners and ink cartridges.